Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The First Amendment


The First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
   As a collegiate journalism student, the freedoms allowed by the First Amendment are important to know. Knowing my rights gives me a legal ground to stand on if I am told I cannot photograph something or not write about a subject.
   I had never given this much thought, until reviewing it in photojournalism class.  This is important to me.  I will look more professional being knowledgeable of my rights as a journalist, rather than saying I have a right to photograph or write something just because  I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment